Clare loves to add a creative kit each month to the sweet treat boxes , I love how it makes us think about the different techniques we can use and try something new . This month Clare has added a sheet of transfer foil which I haven’t used before so this was fun . I love how it looks and will be stocking up on some more foil , wonder what other colours I can get 🤔😂
Ps the foil matches the santorini collection 😍 xx
July – Adore
This month we have Stix2 die cut tags, butterflies and transfer foil for you to get your creative juices going.
How to use the micro dots – peel back backing paper then press firmly onto your die cut.
How to use transfer foil – press the foil on top of the micro dots, shiny side up.
A planner clip with a tissue paper flower from the June Kit – Jaine
I have made a notebook cover using the June sweet treat box , this month Clare has given us a jumbo paper clip which I have used to create a matching bow clip using a piece of the cardstock . I created a dangle charm using the embellishments and the pink heart clip . The Pom Pom trim is a lovely finish to the edge of the notebook xx
Every month I like to put together a creative kit. It’s a great way to try out new techniques, mediums, types of craft and get us out of our comfort zone!
MAY – SUMMER DREAMING
This month I have included a brush pen in your box as part of your creative kit. Here are my top tips when BRUSH LETTERING
FAVORITE PENS – TOMBOW, ECOLINE, FABER CASTELL and ARTLINE
FAVOURITE PAPER – RHODIA, SKETCH BOOK, PRIMA TN INSERTS
PEN STROKES – HEAVY on DOWN strokes and LIGHT on UPWARD strokes.
PEN ANGLE – LOW angle on DOWN stroke and HIGH angle on UPWARD strokes
TRACING PAPER – Use this to get to know your letters. Also it’s a great way of using your practice sheets over and over again.
PRACTICE SHEETS – PINTEREST is my go to place, many of which are free to download and print! Or check out The Works and other retailers for lettering books.
SKILL – PRACTICE EVERYDAY!
We love hearing how you use your monthly creative kit so please remember and share any photos in our welcoming facebook group. You can also tag us on instagram.
Also look out for my creative team brush lettering inspiration in our Facebook Page
APRIL – GET CRAFTY
This month we have a stamp that was designed by me (Clare). Here are a few top tips when stamping.
- Chalk inks work best when using them in your planner. They come in a variety of colours and are compact so they will easily pop in your planner pouch for safe keeping.
- Versafine Black Onyx ink pad is perfect for stamping images with tiny detail.
- Planner pages vary in thickness so always test a page for bleeding when stamping before use.
- Always bring your ink pad to your stamp image when stamping. This prevents excess of ink on your stamp and smudging on your pages.
- Use an acrylic block that is as close to the size of your stamp as possible. This prevents rocking and gives you a clearer image.
- Clean your stamp after each use with water or alcohol free baby wipes
We love hearing how you use your monthly creative kit so please remember and share any photos in our facebook group. You can also tag us on instagram.