1. Where do you live? – I live in Luxembourg in the heart of Europe with my hubby, three grown girls and a crazy dog called Cooper.
2. What influences you? – Where I live is surrounded by forest which is my main source of inspiration. Having a dog means I walk every day, mostly in the forest and it’s during these times I’m either collecting materials to work with or thinking up ideas for projects.
3. What hobbies do you have? – I love art journaling, collage art, planning and sketching as well as gardening and teaching myself to crochet.
4. Where’s your favourite place to be? – If I’m not in the forest I’d rather be on a beach somewhere. I love the sea but sadly I live in a land locked country.
5. What crafty item could you not be without? – My pencil case of drawing materials, that’s one item right?
6. Do you have your own craft room? – I’m very lucky to have my own craft room in the basement, that’s why on social media I’m known as basement gal and my business is basement studio.
7. What’s your favourite time of year? – Definitely Spring. I love the renewal and freshness after the Winter. It’s like a new start, more so than January 1st. Plus I love the bright green colour.
8. What music do you listen to? – To the dismay of my family, I like to craft with my Spotify 80’s playlist or disco blaring out! Showing my age there!
9. Do you have a claim to Fame? – Clare and I met Tim Holtz a couple of years ago in Birmingham and I went all stupid and fan girly! To be fair, Clare did too!
10. What is your day job? – I have my own company Basement Studio where I make journals, notebooks and photo albums plus I’m the assistant editor for Craft Stamper Magazine.
1. When did you start crafting : I have been crafting for as long as I can remember . As a child I would make miniature teddy bears , cross stitch sewing and more . I started card making as a hobby which then led to scrapbooking , making mini albums and most recently planning .
2. What craft material could you not live without : That would have to be paper , it is the base of most projects I create .
3. What is your favourite food and drink : My favourite drink would be coffee , I drink that much of it that it will be flowing through me veins 😂 . My favourite food would be spaghetti bolognese .
4. Where’s your favourite place to be : I love to be beside the sea , my mum has a caravan up north , It’s right on the beach front and I love to just listen to the waves of the sea .
5. Do you have children : Yes I have two boys Lewis (17) Derren (12) and Aimee (9) . Now I feel old saying my eldest is 17😂
6. Do you have your own craft room : No I have just taken over the whole house and my craft desk area is in my living room .
7. What’s your favourite time of year : I love Christmas , I am like a big kid but I would prefer it if it was in the summer as I hate the cold weather .
8. Do you believe in fairies : Yes I believe in fairies , they live at the bottom of my garden with the unicorns 😂
9. What is your favourite characters : My first favourite would have to be Winnie the Pooh , then it would be Alice in wonderland .
10. Why do you want to be part of the design team : I love to share my creations and to inspire others to just give it a go and just enjoy creating beautiful projects .
10 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. Your blog is called ‘buttons for brains’ how did that name come about?
My husband said this to me once as a joke and it just stuck!
2. What made you start papercrafting?
I saw a papercraft magazine in the newsagents and thought it would be fun to have a go.
3. Do you have a favourite stamp company?
Penny Black were among the first stamps I bought and they are still my favourites..
4. What’s your favourite way to colour?
I love using Inktense watercolour pencils and ZIG real brush markers.
5.Do you have a favourite planner?
My KikkiK Pause – love the black and white polka dots. 6. Do you have a dedicated craft space?
Yes, I have converted the spare room with Ikea storage. It’s a great space. 7. What’s your best craft achievement?
Taking on commissions for papercraft magazines. It’s always a thrill seeing your cards in print! 8. Do you have any pets?Yes, a rescued retired greyhound called Boyd. 9. Do you have a ‘real’ job?
I do, by day I am a Civil Servant.
10. Favourite tipple?Love a glass of red with my dinner, then a wee vodka watching the telly and a Drambuie nightcap (hic).
How long have you been crafting? – I have been a fan of crafting in general from a young age, I always loved getting craft kits for Christmas and birthdays. However I started planning in August 2015, just after my Dad died, and it was a great distraction during a tough time. Through planning I developed an interest in other crafts such as scrapbooking, which I now love, and more recently card making.
Do you have a favourite planner?– The planner I use day to day is the Erin Condren Life Planner, as I love this style of planner and decorating. I also have a large collection of ring bound planners as I just love the look of them, and the flexibility of being able to use whatever inserts I want. I like personal size the best, and my favourites would have to be my pink Kate Spade and my Met You Kikki K (also pink).
Do you have a dedicated craft space?– Yes! I have slowly taken over the window area of one of our spare rooms. It started with a desk and raskog cart, now I have another raskog, a large coloured drawer set and I just this week added a medium kallax unit. It’s my favourite place to spend my days off.
Do you have any pets?– Yes, I have a black longhaired cat called Missy. We adopted her from the cats protection in December 2015 and they said she was 6 or 7 then, so she is around 8 now (probably). She loves to hang out with me in the craft room, and only occasionally jumps onto my desk to help. Her favourite thing is to sit on bubble mailers, flat cardboard boxes and tissue paper.
What else do you do apart from plan? – I’m an A&E nurse, I work 12.5 hour shifts which are long and tiring, but mean I have lots of days off to spend planning and crafting.
Where’s your favourite place to be? – New York! My brother, sister-in-law and little niece live there, and I love to visit. I love spending time with them, seeing the sights, and of course going to Michaels!
What music do you listen to? – I like a mix, indie, rock, and pop! My favourite bands are Biffy Clyro, Frightened Rabbit and Mumford and sons. My favourite music to craft to is Taylor Swift! I usually put on an amazon prime playlist to get a bit of variety.
What is your favourite item of stationery?- While I love a good pen, I absolutely love washi tape, even though i’d not heard of it a few years. I dread to think how many rolls I have, its definitely triple figures. The silly thing is I actually don’t even use it that much any more.
What’s your favourite food and drink?-Hmm, tough one! I like nothing better than eating out. My favourite hot drink is a Starbucks caramel Macchiato, I don’t drink often but I do like a fruity cider or mojito. Foodwise, there isn’t much I don’t like! If I had to choose one thing, it would probably be bacon. Favourite meal would be steak with diane sauce.
What made you want to be part of the design team?- I wanted to join to challenge myself to be more creative. I’m terrible for buying craft supplies and not using them. By being on the design team I’m pushing myself to use my supplies, and constantly using new techniques. It’s great to be part of a lovely team, with such talented ladies that I can always rely on for crafty help. I also love being a part of the PP&P community on facebook, which is fun, caring and very supportive of everyone.